Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relationship Conundrums!

I have never been good at relationships and I don't think I ever will be! Doesn't matter though as long as I am able to enjoy my solitary attitude! But, with the limited experience of looking at people around me living in this relationships, I view it as a conundrum!


Now, I know a pair who are in this so called amazing relationship for a few years and yet don't take it forward and I know another set of people who, though spent very little time together, are ready to take the plunge and are ready to take the relationship to the next level.I do not, yet, understand on what basis, do they take this decision to stick where they are or take that leap forward!


Coming to the first case; they miss each other, they make the other person smile, laugh, enjoy the company, make fun of each other, they look like destined to be together (atleast for me though!) and yet they choose not to take the relationship forward. I wonder whether they remain just the same when one of them gets married and not regret the decision they have taken to be "Just Friends!". I wonder, after a couple of years, when they look back at the time spent together, would they ever think, "Oh no, I should have taken the leap forward!".

And with regards to the second set, though they know each other for a very short while (long distant relationship), they were ready to get married and spend the rest of their lives together.I always wonder on what basis have they chosen to take the decision to commit to the other person! They have spent very little time together, they might not know everything about the other person, they might not have had as many quarrels with each other to better understand how one reacts when they are aroused(;)). I hope, with utmost sincerity, that they stick together and have a great life together!


And there is another set of people, like me, who have developed so much phobia towards relationships that they cannot commit to someone and stick to that person for long.  They live in their own rat holes and think that they are so happy alone and stay that way! :-)

I hope, someday, I would be able to solve this labyrinthine conundrum!

2 comments:

Mahe said...

Ppl are different dude .. overall a nice post :) (well, I also two pairs... some observations and all ;))

Nithya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.