Friday, May 15, 2009

Career Directions Since BITS - 2

My mental state in the third year has been utter mayhem. Chaos surrounded my every action. Didn't know which course to take. Didn't know which direction to follow. First Medicinal Chemistry, then Pharmaceutics, then Computer Science, then again Medicinal Chemistry, then Instrumental Methods of Analysis... Uff. I didn't want my life to be like this. I don't even know how I wanted my life to be. But I know that this is not what I wanted. I finished the third year with so much confusion though my cgpa improved like hell without much assistance from my side, I am still spoilt for choice.

Then came the fourth year and first crushing blow in my life. I think it's the only crushing blow in my life. Everything seemed hard and everyone looked ugly. I lacked self confidence, I lacked morale. That was the worst phase of my life. And through it, I have decided to drop that M.Pharm vertical transfer, thus becoming the first (and may be only) candidate to reject the vertical transfer(that is conferred to me after my first year).

Wow. Good or bad, a decision has been taken. A big step from indecisiveness. Final semester of my BITSian life. First job offer. Not much joy though. A thesis under Computer Science professor, known to be a good man. some vetti thrill. got close to some. got away from more. within no time, time has come to say adios. tears flowed down the cheeks, heart wished to stay, mind numbing feeling. say whatever you want, the time you have to leave the place which taught you so much is the unforgettable moment. Packed everything. got into the bus with my eyes moist and my journey into no-dreams land started.

---to be continued!

1 comment:

Srikanth said...

:( gud post though